Luxurious Golf Resorts In The Central Algarve: A Brief Overview
Enjoying golf in splendour
The central Algarve region extending from Lagos to Faro covers some of the most spectacular beaches in Algarve. It is also the best-developed tourist region in Portugal and the most visited by tourists. This has made the region saturated with numerous apartments, hotels and resorts. The region also offers the best of leisure and sporting activities.
Faro is the starting point of Central Algarve but mostly ignored as holiday attraction and considered only for its airport. But the town has beautiful architecture and historical places to view. Further from Faro as you move into the region, you can find several luxurious resorts here extending all along the coastal region.
Best resorts to frequent
- The Quinta do Lago, Vila Sol and Vale do Lobo resorts are found near Vilamoura, Quinta do Lago and Loule, which are famously called as Golden Triangle of Central Algarve. Quarteira, albeit being less glamorous than Vilamoura, is a place that has some notable golf resorts.
- The luxury resorts such as Vale do Garrao, Dunas Douradas can be found in the region between Vale do Lobo, and Quinta do Lago.
- Albufeira is a famous golf resort region in Central Algarve region, which is bustling with activity all year round.
Before you reach Albufeira, you can find the resorts such as Balaia Golf Village and Pine Cliffs, which are purpose, built nearby Olhos d’Agua town.
- When you move westward, you can come across the Armacao de Pera resort, which has some splendid high-rise structures. Nearby is the Porches village a quaint little region, which is well known for the pottery exhibits.
- If you move further west into the coastal Algarve region, you can find Carvoeiro resort, which was once a fishing village. The rising popularity of resorts and golf in the region has turned this erstwhile fishing village into a beautiful and attractive resort.
- Towards the northern part of Central Algarve as you travel from the coast towards inland for about 13 km, you will reach Silves town, which was earlier the capital of Algarve region. This town is situated near River Arade.
- For more inland resorts, you can move eastward towards Ferragudo, which is an appealing fishing village that has been turned, as many others in the region, into hotel resorts.
- In western part of the region is Portimao, which is a bustling fishing port and commercial centre of the region.
- The Praia da Rocha is a splendid place to visit in this region. Vila Joya, Conrad Algarve and Bela Vista to name a few are some of the luxury resorts you can find in the Central Algarve region that offer the best entertainment for golf enthusiasts.
© 2015 Golf912. All Rights Reserved . Spend a perfectly planned vacation.